Fast and convenient communication helps achieve the best results.
Properly formatted printing files ensure high quality. Read about our printing file requirements
The service will be opened in a new window.
To create an account, please contact our account manager.
We adhere to the delivery terms of the Estonian printing and packaging industry. The delivery terms are available in writing here.
Frequently asked questions
WHAT ARE THE REQUIREMENTS FOR PRINTING FILES?
Each type of work has its own requirements. Our printing file requirements are available here.
HOW IS THE NUMBER OF PAGES CALCULATED?
- Non-foldable printed materials cut to size count as 2-page materials.
- Leaflets with a single fold count as 4-page materials; leaflets with 2 parallel folds count as 6-page materials.
- Bound printed materials usually have a 4-page cover. The number of content pages is calculated by multiplying the number of pages by two.
WHAT IS NEEDED FOR A QUOTE FOR FOIL STAMPING, EMBOSSING OR DEBOSSING?
To prepare a quote, we require the following information:
- The final format of the printed matter the number of copies and sheet dimensions for prior printing or other processing.
This information allows us to determine the best machine for foil stamping or embossing as well as whether the delivered sheet needs to be cut or not.
- The size of the printed image (as accurate as possible).
This allows us to calculate the cost of the cliché(s) in the case of embossing and debossing and the cost of the cliché(s) and foil in the case of foil stamping, as both of these prices entirely depend on the surface area of the material. The dimensions of the printing area should be provided as follows: maximum width x maximum height of image.
- The material (cardboard, paber, cover material, etc.) and coating, if any, such as UV varnish, glossy or matte laminate, water-based varnish, etc. This allows us to determine the brand and cost of the required foil as well as to ensure its availability.
For lamination, we recommend that you consult with us beforehand or order the lamination from us, so as to ensure the secure adhesion of the foil to the printed surface.
- Foil type (pigment or metallic foil) and shade. This is necessary due to the fact that while there are more than 20 brands of regular golden and silver foils available for different materials, there are only 1 or 2 different brands of pigment foils, which may not be suitable for the desired material. Knowing the desired colour allows us to find and offer alternatives, if necessary. The foil brand is required for price calculations, because although the price difference between different brands is not too great, it can still add up in the case of larger projects.
WHAT ARE THE STANDARD FORMATS?
The area of A0 size sheets is 1 m²
Each smaller size (A1, A2, A3, etc.) is half of the previous size as cut in half or folded along the longer side.
A1 – 594 x 841 mm; B1 – 707 x 1,000 mm
A2 – 420 x 594 mm; B2 – 500 x 707 mm
A3 – 297 x 420 mm; B3 – 353 x 500 mm
A4 – 210 x 297 mm; B4 – 250 x 353 mm
A5 – 148 x 210 mm; B5 – 176 x 250 mm
A6 – 105 x 148 mm; B6 – 125 x 176 mm
A65 – 99 x 210 mm; business card – 90 x 50 mm / 50 x 90 mm
B series dimensions are the geometric mean of those of the same and the next larger A series size. For example, B1 dimensions are the geometric mean of A1 and A0.
C series dimensions are primarily used in envelopes. C dimensions are the geometric mean of the same B and A series dimensions.
An A4 size sheet fits in a C4 size envelope. Folding an A4 size sheet in half along the longer side down to size A5 will make it fit in a C5 envelope, etc.
DO YOU PROVIDE A SAMPLE BEFORE PRINTING THE WHOLE ORDER?
Yes, we do. The price of the sample depends on the print.
You can also check the accuracy of the colours – this is done through a digital proof (the price depends on the size).
IS THERE A MINIMUM ORDER VOLUME?
There are no minimum volumes. Reasonable order volumes depend on the type of the job and the amount of the required material.
Each order requires an individual approach. For an estimate of the optimal minimum volume, please contact our account manager.
WHAT DO I NEED TO DO IF I AM NOT SATISFIED WITH THE QUALITY OF THE PRINTED PRODUCT?
If you have a complaint, please contact our account manager as soon as possible. In accordance with the delivery terms of the Association of the Estonian Printing and Packaging Industry, no later than within 7 days from receiving the goods. We will find out the cause of the unsatisfactory result and try to find a solution that satisfies both parties.
If you are not satisfied with the result, you may contact the expert committee of the Association of the Estonian Printing and Packaging Industry. www.trykiliit.ee
DO YOU ALSO OFFER VERY SMALL BUT EFFECTIVE GIFT PACKAGING?
We manufacture packaging in all sizes – both for small as well as large objects. Tell us about your needs and ideas and we will find a suitable solution.
DOES FOLGER ALSO OFFER FULLY ECO-FRIENDLY PACKAGING?
If desired, we can offer packaging made from fully biodegradable materials – from cardboard to laminate and the window of the packaging.
HOW MUCH DOES A PRINTING CLICHÉ COST?
The price of a cliché depends on the size of the design, the thickness of the cliché and the etching depth. See our price list.
WHEN WILL MY PRINTING CLICHÉ BE READY?
Orders with properly formatted printing files received before 11:00 on business days are completed by 10:00 on the next business day. Orders received later are processed on the following business day.
CAN YOU CUT OUT MY CLICHÉ IN PARALLEL WITH THE LOGO/DESIGN AND LEAVE SOME FREE SPACE AROUND THE CLICHÉ (E.G., FOR FIXING SCREWS)?
Clichés are cut as requested by the customer. Please do not forget to provide the design with cutting markers.